4

Beginnings

Friday, January 25, 2008

Are you one of those people who doesn't like to rock the boat? When you go to dinner and order a steak cooked medium, but it gets to your table well done, do you say something about it, or do you just eat it anyway? Do you think "I don't want to bother anyone" or "Why should I get any special treatment"? If this sounds just like you then you're not alone. In fact most people just are like you. We've been taught not to stick out, to be polite and not cause trouble; we're uncomfortable when there might be any kind of confrontation. We decide to sit there quietly and eat our burned steak rather than tell the waiter that something is wrong. After all, the cooks will probably just spit on it if we send it back.

I was once like that, but then I met someone who was different, he ended up being my best friend and over the last 15 years he's taught me that it's ok to "Just ask, all they can do is say no". I've learned that it's not unreasonable to expect to get that steak cooked "medium" if that's the way I want it. After all I'm the one paying for it so I should be able to get it that way. And you know what? The restaurants want you to get it the way you want it. The restaurant would rather have a happy customer than one that won't come back because of a poor experience.

So what's this blog about? It's about realizing that it's ok to just ask. To help you on your journey, I'll share some tips to help build give you the confidence to "just ask" and I'll also some true stories of "asking" success. Remember, sometimes they'll say no but a lot of times the answer will be "YES".

So next time that steak is not cooked right, go ahead ask for something, if they don't want to give it to you what's the worst thing that can happen? All they can do is say no! Remember, all you have to do is ask!

4 Responses to "Beginnings"

Marsha Says:

Having been the recipient of many the “All You Have to Do is Ask” benefits—I can personally say—this guy knows what he is talking about. I won’t ruin the stories to come—but having received many meal items free, a new Apple Computer, a new Xbox plus more…. believe me…he is the “real deal”.
Marsha

Chadly Says:

And I was mostly the recipient of those :)
And thats really nice too!
Kent knows his business!
Chad

Marsha Says:

Gee---when are we going to have another addition of "All You Have to do is Ask"?M

my3angels Says:

Ok, as one who has a hard time asking for what I need or want, I was very impressed with your posts. I'm always afraid I'll come across as Meg Ryan's character in When Harry Met Sally. I have a sil who is almost embarrassing to be around because she gets so detailed and specific about what she wants. I remember at a mexican restaurant when she ordered the taco salad, but asked them to hold the meat, cheese, tomatoes and onions. To which the waiter replied, so you basically want a bowl of salad?

I definitely need to quit worrying about being whiny. Now any suggestions on how to deal with ATT????? I've been dealing with them for over a week and no satisfaction yet.
Ok, I feel better now.