2

Whining

Sunday, June 8, 2008


First of all let me say “I'm sorry”. I'm sorry for taking so long between posts and I promise I'll try to do better and post more frequently. Even if my posts are short I'll try to make them more regularly. There, now I feel a little better.

On my last post I had a comment from someone who asked a question which I will paraphrase. Why would you want to ask for something, rock the boat and risk being labeled a whiner? Well first of all let me say that if you're worried about being labeled a “whiner” then what I'm talking about might not be for you. I've talked to several people in different service industries and I've come to the conclusion that while some people might call you the “W” word, most people, especially the owners of these businesses want you to be satisfied. They want happy customers because happy customers are repeat customers. Let's face it, you're going to talk about your experience to other people. It doesn't matter whether you had a good experience or a bad one, you're going to talk about it and if you were a business owner wouldn't you want to have people making positive comments about your business. As they say, word of mouth is the best kind of advertising.

The other aspect of this is that if every time you have a bad experience you simply go someplace else the next time you might just run out of places to go because let's face it, this is not a perfect world and sooner or later everyone makes a mistake.

So what's my point? There's a difference between whining and asking to have things made right so you can be a satisfied customer. Get over it! Don't worry about being labeled a whiner. Businesses want your comments otherwise they wouldn't run surveys all of the time. And finally, if you just can't get past it and no matter what you're going to worry about being called a whiner then maybe you are a whiner and “All you have to do is ask” might just not be for you.

2 Responses to "Whining"

Marsha Says:

There is a difference between whining and being assertive--is it ok to settle for less than what you ordered when you are paying a premium price for services? I think not--- "All You Have to Do is Ask" techniques work to assure that you receive quality goods and services.
M

Marc & Sandra Abla Says:

I am letting the owner of this blog know that I am a little disappointed with the level of service I am getting. I have waited... and waited... and waited for another posting.

Can I get the charge for this blog taken off my bill?